This year was nothing short of amazing! So many great things happened in my life for which I am grateful! My hair on the other hand, did not fair as well. If I were to count the number of setbacks, it would probably come to about 2 in total...
I started the year off with a bang!
Protective styled most of the first half of the year, only to realize that my hair was breaking as the ends of my hair were not tucked in properly while I had my crochet braids...
Then I went on holiday without a protective style! Another not so good thing especially because Greece was super hot.. My hair ended up looking like this, I had gained some length but my ends were in a bad shape.
I had to part with quite a lot of my hair - I have not shared pics of my trim, I am not ready to share this as yet but I will in due time.
I have been on a back-to-back protective style regimen for about 16 weeks now, just to give my hair a break from me and everything else that has happened to it. I was meant to relax my hair this month but I decided to postpone until some time next year.. And no, I am not transitioning to natural as yet...
In terms of my hair goals:
1. Maintain healthy & thick ends. Partly achieved, last few months of the year...
2. Do long-term protective styles for at least half of the year. Achieved, protective styled for about 8 months...
3. Reach Bra-strap Length. Not yet
4. Continue with relaxer stretches, for at least 16 weeks at a time. Achieved, but I need to see if this is working for me, especially my ends.
5. Participate in at least 2 hair challenges this year. Nope, I fell off the bandwagon here..
6. Drink at least 1 litre of water a day. Yes, most times :-)
7. Revamp my blog. Yes, I did! At a very low cost, it is looking much better than it did before - I love it, I hope you do too!
8. Post at least 4 blog posts per month. Hmmm, I did about 2 a month on average
9. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Unfortunately not, but I have done about once a week on average, which is much better than nothing at all.
10. Reduce my stash!! Yes! My stash has reduced by more than half! Will share pics after the holidays
And to end it off..